Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can a teacher keep a class after the bell?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Can a teacher keep a class after the bell? Empty
PostSubject: Can a teacher keep a class after the bell?   Can a teacher keep a class after the bell? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 7:56 am

NO.

It's illegal for a teacher to keep the class

after the bell as punishment.

It violates The Geneva Convention Laws

on Collective Punishment.

Back to top Go down
https://blind-to-none.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can a teacher keep a class after the bell?   Can a teacher keep a class after the bell? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 11:44 pm

Some say that your teacher is in Loco Parentis to a student.

And think that the teacher can hold you until your real parents

come to get you.

First of all ( LOCO ) means crazy, nuts and out of your mind.

If your teacher is holding you back because of other kids

being disruptive then that teacher is violating the fourth

Geneva Convention.

They can't keep you, as soon as the bell rings, you are

released from the schools legal custody,

there for they can't make you stay longer then is required by Law.

Some people should learn to stand up and learn their rights.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Hope I was of some help.   Can a teacher keep a class after the bell? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:38 am

It is also illegal for a teacher to refuse to let

a student use the restroom and call students names.

Never get too close to your teacher. There is a very good reason for this.

Get your ass in the classroom and put yourself in the books.

Next time your teacher tells you you can't use the rest room,

call a lawyer or post it up here and learn more. Good luck.

If you should have any questions just ask. If I don't have an answer for

you right away I will get it and it will be the right one.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can a teacher keep a class after the bell?   Can a teacher keep a class after the bell? Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:49 am

No general penalty, pecuniary or otherwise, shall be inflicted upon the population on account of the acts of individuals for which they cannot be regarded as jointly and severally responsible.

No protected person may be punished for an offence he or she has not personally committed. Collective penalties and likewise all measures of intimidation or of terrorism are prohibited.

Pillage is prohibited.

Reprisals against protected persons and their property are prohibited
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: DEFINITION   Can a teacher keep a class after the bell? Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:08 pm

collective punishment

Definition

Penalty imposed on every member of a group without regard to his or her involvement in the group's actions and conduct.

This means that you should not let any teacher get away with it. This is a no-no, no matter how you look at it.

Stand up for yourself.
Back to top Go down
gill 1

PostSubject: the facks   Can a teacher keep a class after the bell? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 9:11 am

Let me present a scenario to you. Your kids come home from school, bummed and complaining about how much they hate it. You ask them what happened, as thoughts about bullies or worse flit through you mind.
"I missed recess today!" you hear wailed, righteous indignation ringing through your child's voice. "And I didn't even do anything! A group of other kids were loud during reading, so the whole class lost recess today!"
At first, you breathe a sigh of relief as visions of therapy sessions float away, but then you start to think about it. What do you do? Do you ask the teacher about it? And if she agrees that is what happened, what do you do then? Do you tell her you disapprove of group punishment? Do you ask the teacher for special treatment for your child? Or do you ask the principal for a different teacher?
I can tell you that asking for a different teacher is generally not the right answer, because almost all teachers use group punishment when too many kids are not behaving. In fact, I don't think my kids' have had a single teacher that doesn't use group punishment. To find out why, I have asked several teachers in the past why they use group punishment instead of calling out the inappropriately behaving kids. The answers vary, but the top four answers run along the lines of:
1. the entire class was misbehaving as far as the teacher could see,
2. they don't have the time to stop and punish only the misbehaving kids,
3. they don't know which child or children acted with unacceptable behavior,
4. or they are trying to use peer pressure to enforce good behavior.
The first reason is the only one that makes sense to me. If all but one or two children in a class are misbehaving, I completely understand why a teacher would punish the class. After all, teachers are human, and it's entirely possible for them to miss seeing the one or two behaving children.
As for the second reason, I have trouble believing that a teacher has time to explain a group punishment, but not the time to discipline problem children. If a child is such a problem that the teacher needs to speak with that child too much, it seems to me that the problem falls into a different discipline domain.
Reason three almost makes sense, until you extrapolate the logic into adult life. If someone hits a parked car and drives away, the police don't remove everyone's driving privileges for the rest of the day. If someone loses a library book, the librarians don't close down the library. I can provide more examples, but I assume you get the point. Just because the teacher doesn't know who did the offense does not give her the right to punish everyone.
And peer pressure? We parents spend an extraordinary amount of time and energy trying to make our children resistant to peer pressure, so that they don't do anything simply because someone told them to. And now you want to use that pressure to enforce discipline? Besides, to parents reason three sounds as if the teacher is being lazy, trying to pass off the discipline to the other children.
What I wish teachers knew was how damaging group punishment can be. To subject a behaving child to group punishment on a regular basis generates feelings of frustration and anger in that child towards the teacher, not towards the misbehaving students. Children and parents start to view teachers who regularly use group punishment with less respect, since group punishment is not respectful to the behaving students. Since students view group punishment as inherently unfair, if one kid tries to stop the group punishment by telling the teacher who was misbehaving, the other children tend to gang up against the "tattle-tale" and against the teacher.
In the end, if the choice is between punishing everyone or no one, the proper choice is no one.
Back to top Go down
jakcman

PostSubject: Re: Can a teacher keep a class after the bell?   Can a teacher keep a class after the bell? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 2:50 am

what is the article, section etc stating this? I have teachers at school who do not believe that this is true. Thank you for your time
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can a teacher keep a class after the bell?   Can a teacher keep a class after the bell? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Let's put it this way.
Don't you want to be respected? I know you do. I know I want to be respected.
Don't you want to be treated like you matter?
You or anyone else can't be punished for what some one else does. ( IT IS A NO-NO WHEN IT COMES TO LAW).
I don't care what State you are in, It's still a no-no.

I will bet that this teacher never took the time to read a Law Book.
I read Law books for the fun of it.
This teacher has no idea what his/her rights are, this is why they take them from you.

Knowing your rights is the best knowledge in the world you can ever have.
Learn your rights,
know your rights,
Use your rights.

Be heard
be strong
be proud.

Your friend the admin.
Back to top Go down
jakcman

PostSubject: Re: Can a teacher keep a class after the bell?   Can a teacher keep a class after the bell? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 3:07 pm

but where does it state so?

Go on line and search ( Collective Punishment ).
It applies to times of War and Peace.

If you read all the post that is in this section it tells you.

If I rip somebody's head off. do you think that you can be charged for it?

Also look up the Geneva Convention Laws. This may be a little over your head, but give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can a teacher keep a class after the bell?   Can a teacher keep a class after the bell? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can a teacher keep a class after the bell?
Page 1 of 1