Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

J.D.Byrider Complaints

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

J.D.Byrider Complaints Empty
PostSubject: J.D.Byrider Complaints   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Consumer Complaints & Reviews
This organization franchises used car dealers around the country. On its recruitment Web site, it waxes poetic about its vision, which it describes as: "Build a national chain of used car sales and sub prime finance dealerships that consistently meets or exceeds the expectations of our customers, associates, and franchise partners." Maybe, but we're not sure the Kentucky Attorney General would agree.

Amanda of Quincy, FL on Dec. 11, 2012Satisfaction Rating
purchased a car with these rats in February and the car has been in the shop every month for something. I never missed a payment and never been late. So, I called them and asked what can be done. They told me, "Nothing. You bought a used car." Right but one that you promised I would not have to make payments on and pay repair fees at the same time. Yes, it has a warranty but there is a fee every time it goes to the shop. The lazy mechanics ride all the gas out your car but never fix anything. I asked to bring the car back, but they are telling me it will be considered a repo. At this point, I really do not care about a repo because I am paying for a piece of **!

Back to top Go down
https://blind-to-none.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: J.D.Byrider Complaints   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Travis of Louisville, KY on Nov. 23, 2012Satisfaction Rating
1/5I've never been a customer of your store. But today, I just happened to walk past your local JD Byrider, and I heard a recorder from the security camera saying, "You're being under the surveillance. Leave now or I'm calling the police." **? All I did was walk on the parking lot to get past (there was no sidewalk to walk on duh). You act as if I was gonna steal a car or something worse. I'm not a criminal and I would never do ** like that. If you thought I was trespassing, again there was no sidewalk to walk on. What do you want me to do? Walk on the highway road and get hit by a car?

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: J.D.Byrider Complaints   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:02 pm

Andrew of Toledo, OH on Nov. 21, 2012Satisfaction Rating
1/5I purchased a 2001 Chevy Blazer from JD Byrider. I never was late on a payment and needed a bigger car. Mind you, I was never late making a payment. I wanted to turn it back in on a 2002 Chevy Express van. My family had grown and this vehicle suited my family. On the way home from the dealership, the check engine light came on and the vehicle started to run rough. Of course, this was a Saturday afternoon and the service department was gone. So, I called Monday to get the van back in to see what was wrong with it. Because JD says they have the best warranty ever you know, not! I took the van in and they said the catalytic converter was plugged up and that it was not covered under my warranty. They said the van had been sitting on their lot for a while and may just need driven. So they reset the check engine light and told me to drive it on the freeway to clear the exhaust out? If the light came back on, they would help me with half of the repair.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: J.D.Byrider Complaints   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Of course it came back on, on the drive home. I drove it to an auto repair place and they put a scanner on it and said the O2 sensors needed to be replaced and there were low readings on the catalytic converters. They put the van up on a lift and noticed that the exhaust had more cuts and pieces and hacks in it than a 1,000 piece puzzle. The repair place said that the catalytic converters were replaced with straight pipes and the exhaust resonator was cut open and the insides were removed. I called JD Byrider back and they said that I must have done this to my van and they would not cover it! They would not sell a vehicle that wouldn't pass emissions. Then a couple days later, the radiator started to pour antifreeze all over my driveway. Okay, I was really getting upset now.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: J.D.Byrider Complaints   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:04 pm

I fixed the radiator myself because, of course, it was not covered and this was the only car my family has. This was in July. I am still fighting with them to fix this problem. It's now almost December. The best part was a dealer called me from there the other day asking how my car was running. I said, "Are your kidding me?!" I explained the issue and he said he would get right on it! Of course, no call back as of yet. So JD, you're going to get your lemon back. You can fix your own crap!

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: J.D.Byrider Complaints   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Ebony of Stone Mountain, GA on Nov. 6, 2012Satisfaction Rating
1/5 When I got the car, I was told that I had to leave my old car with them as a trade, so I did. A couple months later, my check is getting garnished and the other bank said they never got the car back. I called back up to JD Byrider in Marietta, GA and the salesman and the CNAC people I was dealing with got fired for fishy business. Now, nobody knows anything about the whereabouts of my other car. Now, I have two cars to pay off and JD Byrider/CNAC will not take their car back. So a lawyer I will see.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: J.D.Byrider Complaints   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:06 pm

of Nottingham, MD on Nov. 2, 2012Satisfaction Rating
1 needed a car and went to JD Byrider as my credit was no good. First of all, you get this big speech from their finance guy who makes you look and feel like an **. You need 12 references not 3 or 4. They call them all while they are grilling you for more info. You do not get to pick your car; they tell you what they want to sell you. You have to sign more forms than you do at a house closing. Get this, they video everything. I had $2,000.00 to put down. Okay, now after you signed everything, you get to see the piece of ** they want you to take. An old Hyundai Accent all dented up, filthy inside, holes in the seats, etc. My husband blew up. The finance guy said that's all you get for $2,000.00 down. I told him forget it or give me a better car. Finally, he says for another $1,000.00 down, I will see what we have.

Well they drove out this 2004 Hyundai Elantra which looked okay. My husband test drove it. We figured we need a car and it was okay. It was red, electric sunroof, and clean inside. So we took it. That was over 2 years now. Here's the hitch, complete exhaust from the catalytic converter all the way back, transmission slips. Their mechanic says nothing was wrong. Well, we are waiting for the tranny to go, then I am going to call them and have them take the piece of ** and don't be one hour late with your payment or they call and harass you. Pay up or bring it and drop it off or we will tow it to our dealership. They are rude, harassing and downright dirty with their business practice. I would like to see if there is a way that we can get a class action lawsuit on them for unfair business practices.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: J.D.Byrider Complaints   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:07 pm

of Glen Burnie, MD on Oct. 24, 2012Satisfaction Rating
1 bought my car from them and was told my payments would come out in two payments every month. Nope, they lied; it's every paycheck. So I pay 3 car payments which equal a grand total of $900 a month. I was told my car was never in an accident. This was a lie. I did a report and had a mechanic look under the hood and he confirmed parts were junk yard parts throughout the entire engine and some do not get replaced unless damaged. So, these people are just liars and crooks. I pay a lot for a piece of dirt that is nothing but a junkyard car
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: J.D.Byrider Complaints   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Ashley of Cincinnati, OH on Sept. 13, 2012Satisfaction Rating
1/5I bought a car from you and thought you were a reputable company. How wrong I was! Your employees ran me around for 18 months until the warranty ran out and now you want to charge me 1,300 dollars for repairs that should have been done long before. I still owe over 6,000 dollars and I have no car. I call up and they tell me they will make the repairs for $1,300 and they seem to have lost all paperwork for all of my previous visits. I am a single mom and now I am in jeopardy of losing my job because I have no way to work and I thought you were going to help me rebuild my credit. I paid $10,000 for a 2000 dollar car to do this. I also plan to go to the press and if necessary picket them.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: J.D.Byrider Complaints   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:09 pm

M of Greenville , FL on Sept. 11, 2012Satisfaction Rating
2/5I forgot that a payment was due because of a family emergency, and they have no compassion and no understanding. They are very rude. I would never recommend them to anyone at all. They kept pushing this car on me saying it was the only one I qualified for. I should have just walked away, but I needed a car. I wish I had researched them before. This car is not working right and I'm very upset.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: J.D.Byrider Complaints   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:10 pm

Marie of Christiansburg, VA on Sept. 10, 2012Satisfaction Rating
1/5I was told I could make extra payments on the principal amount and the interest would be less. Today, I called to ask if I paid off the car one year and six months early, how much it would be. I was told, "We do not take any interest off for paying it off early." What kind of crooked place is this that says one thing and then changes the story? This seems to be happening a lot with a lot of businesses now. Can the Attorney General's office investigate this matter, please?

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: J.D.Byrider Complaints   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Manuel of North Providence, RI on Aug. 23, 2012Satisfaction Rating
2/5I'm so angry. I have a loan from J.D. Byrider. I made my payment right on time today ($238.12). My payment was supposed to be made on the 22nd. By 9 o'clock am next day, I have two calls, plus I made extra money every payment. I'm not happy about this because I never missed one payment. I will never buy any cars from this place again. This is so ridiculous.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: J.D.Byrider Complaints   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Shirley of North Olmsted, OH on Aug. 22, 2012Satisfaction Rating
1/5Put you into a bad car with a high interest rate - They used me and had me get a car that is only worth about $4,000.00 and the sales person did not tell me this car has a lot of problems. I really don't want anyone to go to this company to get a car. They will lie to you and overcharge you
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: J.D.Byrider Complaints   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Wendy of Republic, PA on Aug. 21, 2012Satisfaction Rating
2/5I bought a car from these people in West Liberty, PA and it wasn't a bad car. Well my credit did go up like they said. I traded my car in to buy a brand new car and JD Byrider took the 10 day pay off and is now trying to say I owe another $185. They are trying to extort money from me, sending me letters stating I am in breach of contract. They gave the title to the place I traded the car to. I am very angry.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: J.D.Byrider Complaints   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:14 pm

Greta of Snellville, GA on Aug. 7, 2012Satisfaction Rating
1/5I purchased a 2000 Ford Focus SE the day before Thanksgiving 2010. Within the first 8 months of having this car, I have had the engine replaced, timing belt, water pump, front axle on the passenger side, and now the air won't work! I have kept very good care of this car, and I am highly upset that I have had to continue making payments to this company called CNAC for a car that has been wrecked in the front and I was not told when I purchased the vehicle. I don't want to deal with this car anymore and I refuse to make any more payments on it! I just spoke with the finance manager at CNAC and they refuse to come and pick up this car! I told them why and they refuse to have J.D. Byrider come and pick this car up! If a class action lawsuit goes down, I want to be included in the lawsuit. To me, this is pure harassment and this car has been nothing more than a financial hardship for me. Please keep me updated about any lawsuits happening in Georgia, please?!

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: J.D.Byrider Complaints   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:16 pm

JEANETTA of Charlotte, nc on July 18, 2012Satisfaction Rating
1/5I purchased a 2002 Chrysler Sebring from JD Byrider in May 2011. I was a first time car buyer and I was new to what was okay and acceptable in the car buyer field. In my first week of having the car, I had issues with the brakes and the doors coming off the hinges. I took the car back to get it fixed. The service center is horrible and they have the rudest people working there. Let's fast forward - I made my payments on time and paid over $400 a month for a used vehicle and that itself was highway robbery. In April 2012, while driving in the highway, my car overheated and cut off. I get it towed to a shop and they tell me my engine has died completely.

I called JD Byrider to let them know and I was told that I still needed to make the payments and the engine was not covered in my warranty. I was upset because it had not even been a full year and I was out of $4000 and a car. I told them to come and get it because I am not paying a car payment and buying a new engine. Long story short, I was told it would be put on my credit as a repo and I would owe them money. That was wrong and the fact that I made my payments should have been enough for them to help me get a new engine. They are a horrible company and they need to stop using people. I would love to be in a class action suit.

Leanne of Pekin, IL on July 5, 2012Satisfaction Rating
2/5I went to JD Byrider because I have bad credit. I was told I would not have a down payment and I got a down payment that I could not afford. The car started to run wrong. The check oil light came on a week after I had the vehicle. The fan motor started running hard. I checked it out and there was no radiator cap, the antifreeze/coolant container was empty. Now, all this was discovered when my roommate heard the fan motor run. I would never have checked these things, I would have driven the vehicle and would have blown the engine up. They repossessed the vehicle, because I didn't have insurance. If I would have known, I would have gotten insurance, maybe, but not now. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I want out from that car. I don't want it anymore. They can sell it or whatever. I wish more consumers would file complaints with the Better Business Bureau or join someone who has gone to the Attorney General and do a class action lawsuit.

Jordan of Champaign , IL on May 14, 2012Satisfaction Rating
2/5I purchased a 2004 Nissan Sentra from JD Byrider on 03/19/2011. I brought the car back to the dealership 26 days after the purchase complaining about it not starting properly and giving me problems. The store manager sent me to their auto body shop Send a Friend Auto Care on 04/04/12 who told me after 4 hours that they were unable to find anything wrong with the car, but they did make a note that I took it in within 30 days of purchase. I trusted that the car was okay like they said and left. I have continued to drive the car and make my biweekly payments on time.

On March 17, 2012, I took my car to O'Brien Toyota of Urbana for my oil change and and had the car checked over because it was having issues starting. O'Brien reported back to me that the check engine light bulb had been removed and the catalytic converter was bad. I immediately contacted Larry at JD Byrider and let him know what I was told. He was very apologetic and assured me that the issues would be addressed immediately by his store owner the next business day. I waited to hear a response back from the owner, Jay, on 3/19/12 but he never called me back. I then went in to speak to him in person. The owner, Jay, test drove my car for about 15 minutes assuring me the whole time that there was nothing wrong with this car and that if I agreed to have the car checked out by a guy he trusted, he would trade me into something I felt more safe in. He also stated numerous times he was going to fix the car up and put it right back on the lot because people love these cars that get low gas mileage. Jay told me I had to take the car into The Muffler Shop on 03/27/12 located at 1605 W Springfield ave. Champaign, IL, phone: 217-398-4070.

After keeping the car for 7.5 hours, the shop called me to tell me to pick the car up. I asked if he was able to figure anything out with the car and the technician told me he wasn't giving me any information about my car. Jay told him that he was not to tell me anything. I waited eight days after taking my car to The Muffler Shop for a response from Jay to one of my numerous phone calls. He did not respond to me so I went to see him in person on 04/04/12. I told Jay, the owner of the dealership, I was unhappy with the way I had been treated and that he illegally sold me a car that did not pass Illinois State Emission requirements and I wanted my money back. Jay told me the best he could do was pay for a new gauge cluster and half of the work for a new catalytic converter. I was willing to accept that solution considering the Nissan was not even salable to begin with.

I went back to The Muffler Shop on 04/05/12 with my Illinois vehicle registration card and driver's license telling them that I wanted the paperwork on my car from when he serviced it 03/27/12. He refused and said the only way he would give it to me was if I repaid him for all the time he spent on the car. I refused because he had already been paid by JD Byrider. The same day, 04/05/12, I went to to JD Byrider's auto shop, Send a Friend, to get see if they had any paperwork on the Nissan from when I brought it in in 2011. They gave me documentation that was not previously given to me stating that on 04/04/11, they had documented a PO420 code for catalyst efficiency low, DTC list for transmission say TPS and the service engine light soon does not work. These issues were never told to me or resolved. He also printed me out a work order for everything that was wrong with the car, and the receipt where nothing was done about it.

I unknowingly purchased a tampered with car, and the owner of the dealership illegally sold me the car. After letting the owner know on 04/05/12 that I no longer wanted to do business with him and either wanted my money back or the rest of the contract price forgiven, he said he was no longer going to argue with me about it, and then told my father and I to leave his store and that he would see me in court. I have since filed a consumer complaint with the Attorney General. Their response to the Attorney General was that they didn't know anything was wrong with the car, and it was my fault.

Kelly of Pittsburgh, PA on May 1, 2012Satisfaction Rating
2/5I purchased a car on 3/22/2011 and the next month, the car was in the shop. This car has been in and out of the shop on West Liberty. They keep fixing the car and was never solved. I had taken my car to J.D. Byrider's on McKnight Road. Their service is great and so are the people, but there is no fixing. The engine light was flashing, the car sounds like a truck, runs really rough, jerks a lot like the transmission is bad. All I am asking from this company is to put me in a better running car that I can rely on to get to work and not have to worry a lot. This car is in bad shape and I have taken good care of it. I did talk to an attorney and I really don't want to take them on West Liberty to court, but they are leaving me no option. They refuse to put me in another car. My payments are on time and up to date, never missed. I talked to them and they won't take this car off me to satisfy the customer. I will go to court because it's not fair to drive a rough car that has been in the shop over seven times in a year and a month's time and still not resolved. What do you suggest before I go forward?

Renee of Baltimore, MD on April 18, 2012Satisfaction Rating
1/5I purchased a 2001 Ford Taurus from JD Byrider in January 2011. First question, why can't I purchase the car I want? And why can't they share the price of a car with you? Each time I asked about a car I was interested in, I was given some crappy excuse. After a couple of weeks, the transmission went up. They replaced it and it went up again. They charged me $90 and I felt that I should not have had to pay for something they replaced. Another week and the whole front windshield caved in. Another week without a car! Then the brake system had a leak in it, and I am still having transmission problems! After they replaced the brake system, the car started smoking and burning. Five different mechanics have called my car a death trap and said I need to get out of it. They also gave me that fake car report showing that the car was in very good condition.

Well! When I paid $40 for the Carfax, my car had been in two accidents, the last one just 6 months prior to my purchase. JD Byrider ought to be ashamed of themselves for putting people's lives in danger. My job is 30 minutes away. I can't trust my life in this can, not to mention the heat nor air conditioner works! So blown over this, I don't know what to do. I am actually afraid when I drive this car but I have to work. Oh, they told me to keep the car for a year and then trade it. No other dealership wants to trade the car because of the amount I owe and because it's in bad shape!

Patricia of D32, TN on April 17, 2012Satisfaction Rating
1/5I purchased my car from this dealer almost two years ago and have had nothing but repair problems. My brakes have been giving trouble since day one and I have been told there was nothing wrong with them. I have had to have the air fixed, there was something wrong with a sensor and some other things I cannot remember. I have all the receipts, etc. Now the radiator blew and I have been told it will cost me $300+ to fix because it is considered cosmetic. I am sorry, but without the radiator, the car does not function so how is that cosmetic? This repair should be considered under the warranty. I have had to fight this garage at this location about repairs before and I will not do it again. They had me sign a waiver against suing them, then I got the car but they had me over a barrel because I needed a car and they were the only ones that would sell me one with my credit the way it was and the money I had to take it off the lot.

I feel they take advantage of people who are desperate and have no choice, but to go to them. I don't see how they can do that to someone who does not have much money to start. I know they are not the only dealer that does this, but I live on one income and do not have money to be shelling out a lot of money on car repairs that I feel should not be my costs when the car should have been thoroughly checked out when I drove her off the lot. I was actually told by one of the sales reps that they have had nothing but problems with the company who is in charge of the repair shop for a long time now.

I think it is time to change companies don't you? I mean you are ripping off the people you are doing business with. I will never recommend to anyone to buy a car from this company. I am angry, hurt and very upset that this kind of thing can actually happen. I do not have 300 dollars to pay for something that makes the car run. It is not cosmetic! This company is awful!

add company responseHelpful?YesNo
Qushona of Edison, NJ on April 12, 2012Satisfaction Rating
1/5I purchased a car through J.D. Byrider less than one month ago. I had to take the car right back the following day due to the severe problems. The car just died while driving it. The check engine light comes on all the time. The check gauge light comes on all the time. I told the sales rep I need a reliable car because I have a very important job and I can not be without transportation. I spoke with the store manager who was very rude and was not understanding or caring at all. This is not fair. I lost wages from work. Also, my job is on the line right now due to many unexcused absences. Due to car trouble, every time they get my car they keep it for one month. And when I get it back, it will be okay the first day and then the car will start again. Please help me out with this.

Brandy of Canton, OH on April 1, 2012Satisfaction Rating
2/5I recently bought a van (Chrysler Town & Country) from JD ByRider and it has been in the shop three times with over $800 in repairs. Thankfully I have a warranty, but that's not the point because I had to pay for the warranty! I feel there is still something wrong with it because it always makes this weird sound but they say nothing is wrong. The van is already starting to rust really bad, so now that's gonna cost a crap load of money to repair. And with me being a single mother of 4 young boys, I barely get by. I put $4,000 down on the van when I should have just taken my money somewhere else. I feel the sales guy just rushed me into the van, not giving me many options to choose from. I feel really upset with JD ByRider since I bought the van. So please believe I will never go there nor recommend them to anybody!

Morley of Cranston, RI
1/5I purchased a 2004 PT Cruiser from J.D. Byrider (Cranston, RI) in May 2011, and after receiving the keys, I began my drive home. The check engine light came on, and I returned to the dealer. I was told to schedule a service appointment. The service manager told me it was probably something minor like a loose gas cap. I scheduled service and lost a day's pay by not having a car.

When I picked the car up, I was told everything was fine. Two days later, the check engine light came back on again. I took the car to a reputable mechanic, who had to replace a knock sensor. I purchased the car in May, and as the weather began to warm, I turned on the a/c. All I got was warm air. It was not due to a lack of Freon, but the a/c was broken.

On 3/23/12, the car shut down while I was driving it, and the check engine light began flashing. I had the car towed to a reputable mechanic, who identified a myriad of faults. My repair bill will exceed $1200. I can't afford that. My car rental fee is already over $200. I'll have to return the rental. This could cost me my job. I was told that every car sold undergoes a rigorous inspection. I would like to know how all of these faults were not detected? Am I losing sleep over this ordeal? You bet.

S of North Charleston, SC on March 26, 2012Satisfaction Rating
1/5It's been 2 1/2 years since I bought my car from this company and ever since I bought this, I have been having problems. I've had 4 transmission replaced in a matter of 3 months' time and now, they say that I need a motor and they do absolutely nothing to accommodate you when you have these repeated issues. I am waiting, patiently waiting, on my 3 years to be up so that I can be so done with them and deal with a company that believes in customer services. They are good with getting you in a car, but believe me, you will have hell to pay once you get in it. Complaining to corporate is just as bad. I'm so done with JD Byrider. Please be aware when buying a car from them.

Kelly of Pittsburgh, PA on March 18, 2012Satisfaction Rating
1/5It has just become a year this month that I have had this car. I am under so much stress. This car has been in shop at least seven times. It has been jerking and sometimes acts as if it wants to shut off. This car has had some much money put into it already. Please can someone help me and get me out of this car. I need a reliable car for my two children and myself to get to work. If I am paying on time, I expect to have a car that I don't get headaches from. Sometimes I want to cry for putting myself through this with J.D. Byrider on West Liberty. I am going to see doctor because I am so stressed and can't take anymore. Please help me.

robert of Lorain, OH on March 12, 2012Satisfaction Rating
2/5I recently purchased a 2002 Saturn L100. The first day I got the car, it had a brake light out. I went to change to see that it was broken and it is just hanging there. I fixed it. One day, I got a flat, so I went to get the spare out, and it was flat and packed full of garbage. One day, I stopped by to get my car looked at, and they said it would take two weeks to see a mechanic. They said that the problem with my car is not under warranty. In the showroom, they have a huge sign that reads "everything is covered except heating and cooling", but when you read the fine print on the contract, it has an enormous list of parts that are not covered. I just feel like there has been misrepresentation.

Lori of Betty Blvd, SC on March 11, 2012Satisfaction Rating
2/5They were trying to pawn a car off on me and not let me another selection of vehicle and were joking around not taking me seriously at the time of the sale. They did not show me the Carfax for the car until the day after the sale was finalized. What I'm trying to say here is they sold me a lemon car and I would like something done about this please. I gave them a list of problems that my son, my mother and I had seen with what's wrong with the car and they did things only on its exterior and not on the interior. Also Brandy, the manager, agreed to go in on a paint job and that was never done. I don't recommend this dealership to anyone due to its very poor customer service.

Belinda of Connersville, IN on March 7, 2012Satisfaction Rating
2/5I referred a friend there so I was supposed to get $150 towards my payment, but they told my friend since she didn't put my name on the application, they didn't know. But everyone she came in contact with the day she got her vehicle, she told them I referred her. So I called my account manager Josh in Richmond, IN and he transferred my call to Lade who transferred my call to Dave who was supposed to get back with me, but did not do so.

Tiara of Arlington, TX on March 1, 2012Satisfaction Rating
1/5I did a tax deal with them to get my car. I got the car in October. I agreed to put $2,500 of my tax refund down for a down payment. Since then, I have only been 1 day late on my payment, only because I forgot to call in and make the payment. My refund check was supposed to be in by Feb. 16th. I called in on the 14th and asked if I should go ahead and make a regular payment because waiting for the check would make my payment late. They told me no. I called back on the 16th to see if my check was there, it wasn't so I asked if I should go ahead and make a regular payment. She told me to just hang on to it for a little while and she would call me back and let me know. I never received a call back so I didn't think anything else of it.

I went to get my refund check on the 28th of Feb. They took their portion and gave me mine. I used my portion for my deposit on my apartment. She calls me back today saying that they didn't get my payment. I told her that I asked numerous of times if I was suppose to make the payment and I was told no and that I would get a call back to let me know and never did. She says well in the contract it says when the payments are due and I told her well the contract says my down payment was due on the 15th and the tax check didn't come until the 27th, so obviously things happen, which is why I called to get clarification on how I should be paying, so I could set my budget accordingly.

She said she told me to hang on to the money. I told her that she told me to hang on to it for a few days and she would call back and let me know. She said she didn't say it. I told her that the conversations are recorded and I would like for them to pull the recordings. She said even if they did, the contract says when I need to pay. I asked to speak with her manager. She said they were going into a meeting about it and to call her manager back before 5 (if there is an issue with a customer, shouldn't the manager be calling the customer back?). So unprofessional!

Latreece of High Point NC 27260, NC on Feb. 29, 2012Satisfaction Rating
1/5I brought a car from JD Byrider when I was 19 years old in 2009. I had no credit. My mom cosigned with me; they told me her income will not be included with my payments. Well, they lied about that. My checks were only like $400 every two weeks and I had to pay $188.37 every two weeks. But I paid it (on time) because I needed a car to get back and forth from work. They sold me a 2000 Chevy Lumina that was worth around $3000. Well, they charged me $11,002.85 for the car. Once everything was added up my total was $18,903.52. I made my payments on time every two weeks of $188.37 faithfully. In September 2011 I was in a bad car wreck with some dumb boy who ran the red light. My car was a total lost. Once the value of my car was paid off I still owed $5,000. JD Byrider wanted me to still make my regular payments on a car I was not driving anymore. I begged them to help so I can be able get another car; they offered me $30 off my payments!

That was insane. There was no way I could save for a car with only $30 being off my payments. I have been having trouble getting another car. I have been stressed to the max since I lost my car because of these fools. Their warranty is ** because the workers could not even fix the cars. Every time I went to get it fixed, there was always another problem. They couldn't even fix my rear defogger. They told me I had to try somewhere else to get it fixed. This is how they do me and I paid on time bi-weekly for 2 years and plus months. This place is no good. I'm still struggling. I'm now catching the city bus back and forth to work, if not a cab. This is crazy all because of this place. I'm 22 years old with bad credit. They take advantage of us young kids with no credit. I hate this place with a passion. Please, people, do not let your kids get involve with this place. As my dad say of this place, they are crooks. Stay away from JD Byrider!

Nina of Romeoville, IL on Feb. 28, 2012Satisfaction Rating
2/5My daughter Alexa (21) went to purchase a car due to low credit scores. She was sold a 2004 Ford Focus with the blue book at $5000, but purchase price was over $12K due to a warranty that will do auto repairs with a co-pay. After seeing what she signed, I told her to take the car back. They won't take the car back because it has been more than 3 days. J.D. Byrider in Florence, KY is the establishment.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: understand this problem.   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 7:45 am

I think that people should understand what they are getting into.
Think before you tell yourself that you want a car or van
from these people. Think real hard.

I got a Van from them and the Tag was $11, 00. When I looked into the Van
it's true price was booked at 2,600. And it had so many problems I made
them come and get it and received my money back.
Be very careful. please be very careful.
This place can't give me a car for free.
Back to top Go down
roolen 1

PostSubject: Can't understand   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:25 am

I just can't understand how people still go to these scumbags.
After all the crap they do to people and sometimes get away with it.
Just don't go there and with a little luck they will close down.
Just remember what they look like because they can open up under
another name and do the same thing.
People like this should go to jail. Maybe they will learn to do the right thing.
Just don't go there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J.D.Byrider Complaints   J.D.Byrider Complaints Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

J.D.Byrider Complaints
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: "Freedom of Speech" :: "Freedom of Speech"-
Jump to: